تعلن اللجنة الدولية لـ الصليب الأحمر عن حاجتها لـمدير تحرير لمجلة “الإنساني” التي تصدر من مركزها الإقليمي للإعلام في القاهرة منذ أواخر التسعينيات.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization. Al-Insani is a 60-page Arabic-language quarterly magazine, issued by the ICRC regional communication support center in Cairo. Articles in Al-Insani shed light on the human cost of crises and focus on persons affected by armed violence and other emergencies (www.icrc.org/ara/resources/al-insani/index.jsp).
The managing editor works closely with the editor-in-chief of the magazine at the ICRC office in Cairo, with communication departments of ICRC offices in Arabic-speaking countries, and with guest writers. The managing editor generates ideas for topics or files and participates in setting the plan of the magazine. S/he attributes requests to receive high-quality contributions from guest writers and ICRC staff on humanitarian issues of concern, notably from the Middle East. S/he follows up on the assigned articles, reviews and edits the received texts and proposes photos to illustrate the articles.
The managing editor is in daily coordination with the editor-in-chief over the progress of the magazine, and works with the designer throughout the process for matters related to editing, photos, alignment, titles and summaries, etc. S/He contributes to the regular assessment of the magazine and its promotional plan including online promotion.
Required skills and experience:
- Egyptian national or foreigner having a valid residence/work permit in Egypt.
- University degree in communication, journalism or other relevant educational background
- 4 years or more of work experience as editor/journalist in a magazine or daily newspaper.
Online editing experience is an asset.
- Native Arabic speaker with excellent writing and editing skills
- Very good English skills required. French skills are an asset
- Strong communicator
- Strong interest in humanitarian action
- Very good computer skills and a good knowledge of blogs and social media platforms
- Ability to work under stress and within deadlines
- Reliable, organized, autonomous
- Shows initiative, creativity, flexibility
- Team player, respectful towards others
Start of work: As soon as possible.
Please submit your application (CV and letter of motivation) not later than Saturday 21 Feb 2015 by e-mail only to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Application for Al Insani Managing Editor” in the email subject.
Only complete applications matching the required selection criteria will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.