The Regional Solid Waste Exchange of Information and Expertise Network in Mashreq and Maghreb countries (SWEEP-Net); is pleased to announce that the registration for its 5th Regional Forum, to be held in Tunis/Tunisia on April 14-16, 2015, is now available on the SWEEP-Net website.
Due to the overwhelming demand, the Call for Abstracts deadline has been extended to February 28, 2015.
The theme of this 2015 Forum is “Economic and Social Solutions for Sustainable Environmental Management”. The different themes of the forum are, among others:
- Green Jobs: Identifying and Materializing new Employment and Income Potentials;
- Vacation in trash: Reduction of waste input from land into the marine environment;
- Communication and Enforcement – Transforming legislation into environmental action;
- Municipal Networking and Cooperation;
- Innovation: Paradigm shift from Solid Waste Management to Resource Management
- Waste and Climate Change;
If you want to share respective expertise, experience and best practices and you are interested to participate as a potential speaker, you are kindly asked to submit your abstract by February 28, 2015.
In addition to providing the opportunity to share your knowledge in the field, this Forum provides a platform to learn about and discuss the latest issues and happenings in waste management and to get an exclusive networking opportunity with regional and international experts from both public and private sectors.
The 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 Forums held in Lebanon, Morocco, Cairo, and Amman respectively each brought more than 250 experienced professionals from the public and private sectors as well as from municipalities, universities and NGOs.
For more information on abstract submission, and other details, please click here.
Looking forward to seeing you in Tunis!
The SWEEP-Net Secretariat