CARE International in Egypt Background
CARE International has been working in Egypt since 1954. CARE Egypt is a non-political, secular, rights based organization that works on the underlying causes of poverty and marginalization in Egypt, mainly in Upper Egypt. CARE Egypt pays special attention to the rights and needs of women in order to improve the social, economic, and legal conditions of Egyptian communities and organizations. We work with and through partners to achieve our goals, including Government, local NGOs, private companies, and Community Development and Farmer Associations.
CARE Egypt welcomes applications for the following position(s) from motivated and committed professionals seeking to improve the conditions of the poor and marginalized, and those with strong core values and vision. CARE has an excellent compensation and benefit package, with good career and staff development opportunities. CARE strongly encourages applications from women, and people with special needs as Care is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Grants Accountant
Grants Accountant is responsible of the financial management of a portfolio of grants/projects of varied complexity; s/he will support the finance operations and contribute to ensuring and maintaining a high level of finance control and compliance to financial policies and processes.
- Efficient financial management of all grants
- Accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data.
- Timely receipt of donors’ funds
- In Coordination with the Shared service centre, follow the needed steps to provide a set of codes for all new grants used in the financial Software package to ensure accurate recording of transactions.
- Receive transactions, ensure supporting documents attached are accurate and complete and record accounting entries in the system in a timely manner.
- Prepare and issue all applicable financial reports (donor reports& monitoring reports) ensuring timely submission to the concerned party after being reviewed and approved from grants manger and budget holders.
- Monitor the collection of the donors’receviables & ensure timely receipts of cash advances from donors.
- Being responsible of the financial management of sub grants (conduct financial assessment & issue recommendations, review financial clauses in sub grants agreements, verification of advances and settlements received from partners )
- As member of the proposal development team ; responsible for providing financial operation and salaries data during the budget preparation in addition to compiling & validating the budget components with the budget holder &ensure full cost recovery of Country office costs as well as CI members AdRet costs.
- Act as the point of contact for negotiation on the proposal budgets and upon approval of the award review the terms of agreement with the donor to maintain organization’s interest.
- In Coordination with the Budget holder, prepare modifications to the budget.
- Facilitate Audit visits (external &internal) including planning the audit schedule, preparing audit contract and clearing audit findings.
- Responsible for monthly accounting functions such as PAR allocation process, cost pool allocation, staff benefits accrual.
- University Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3 years of experience in an NGO is preferred
- Proficient in Excel ,ERP experience is preferred
- Arabic &English Language proficiency
Interested candidates may kindly send their C.Vs (Not more than 3 pages) to Recruit@egypt.care.org . Applications will be received until midnight 08/05/2015.
Please state Job Title in the Subject Field and fill the attached application.
C.Vs received after the deadline and without filling the application attached and without stating Job Title will not be considered