El Nidaa Founation
Post Title: Accountant
Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
El Nidaa Foundation is a newly formed organisation. Its main objective is to develop and design strategies to address vital economic development challenges, notably poverty reduction and job creation. Its aim is to create an integrated process for the design of best practice projects and programs, and to disseminate these solutions to development practitioners and policy-makers. Collectively, these projects and programs emphasize inclusive socio-economic development, for the greater part of Egyptians to contribute to and benefit from growth and prosperity.
El Nidaa needs to employ an Accountant who will report to the Managing Director. He/she will have the following responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
Provides accounting and administrative support focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Proper control of the supporting documents for payments for the foundation,
• Processing of transactions, ensuring that they are correctly recorded ,
• Processing of the foundation advance payments;
• Follow-up with projects to submit the foundation Financial Reports (FRs) on time;
• Maintenance of the financial filing system;
• Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the required reports.
• Performs any other financial duties as required.
• Prepare financial documents for inspection by Ministry of Social Solidarity
Required Experiences and qualifications:
• University degree in accounting and finance,
• At least two years of experience as an accountant or financial assistant, ideally with NGOs/Foundations under the supervision of Ministry of Social Solidarity;
• Excellent command of MS Office software, such as word processors, spreadsheets, databases;
• Proven ability to draft, edit, and produce written communication;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Planning and organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
• Result oriented, self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision
• Team oriented work style
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Ability to take decisions
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft office, Internet, email).
Required Language: Good English and Arabic.
Candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit the below via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying in the subject line “Accountant”
1. Updated CV (max 3 pages) and cover letter (max 1 page)
2. Scanned copy of latest academic certification
Deadline: May 1st, 2016.
Interested applicants whose profiles do not match this job description should refrain from applying. El Nidaa will contact shortlisted candidates only.